• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera, Camcorder and viewer knackered - HELP?

Pretty major problem for a phone whose main feature is an 8MP camera and HD video recording

I used the video last night and it was absolutely fine, and used the camera this morning, but now I can't use it at all

I went to watch a video and it just showed a black screen, and when I fast forwarded it showed just a still image of where I fast forwarded to, with sound in the background

So I went to record a new video, but every time I clicked record, the app simply closed (not force closed, but just disappeared)
Now the app doesn't even open - I just get a black screen for half a second and then get returned home.

The only thing that works is my photo gallery! Help? This is totally useless for a phone I bought mainly for this feature

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones