• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera/camcorder app goes to black screen htc thunderbolt

hitrodup

Lurker
Jul 27, 2011
Hello I recently purchased the htc thunderbolt for verizon and when I go to the camera/camcorder app it goes black! Is there some type of software issue with it? Im running off of
Android 2.2.1
Baseband 1.16.00.0402w_1
Kernel 2.6.32.21-gb05544a
Build number 1.13605.7 CL341545
Software 1.13.605.7
PRL 1
ERI 1
I hope someone can help me with this problem because I do not have insurance on this device.

well, a couple things. first, try pulling the battery out for a minute, see if that fixes it. If not, and the phone hasn't been physically damaged, it would still be covered under warranty, regardless of if you have insurance or not, so it can be replaced. So if a battery pull doesn't work, just contact customer service and let them replace it for ya.

Upvote 0
Try clearing data from the app. Go to settings->manage applications->click on app->clear data, see if that helps, I have received weird force closes from the camera app before and that fixed it. If there is no physical damage and you are not rooted then take it back to VZW and get a warranty replacement as that would be a manufacturer defect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones