camera/camcorder flakySupport

Last Updated:

1. tomplatz

tomplatz Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have LED light or anything like it installed. Running stock 3.29 unrevoked, no other custom kernels/ROMs.

Camera half the time doesn't start. If I clear the camera cache/data, it'll sometimes run but all the colors are wacky. Like whites show up as bright pinks and greens. I've tried manipulating the white balance, hue, etc.. with absolutely no change. Same effect with camcorder or a 3rd party camera app like zoomFx.

Do I need to reinstall the camera.apk?

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

I don't think reinstalling it will help, but if you want to you can.

And you just can't "install" it, you'll have to adb pull and push it.

3. tomplatz

tomplatz Member This Topic's Starter

okay, this is what my images look like no matter how I set the settings. seems like a software/firmware problem. any ideas?

Attached Files:

4. zuzonline

zuzonline New Member

I know its an old thread but this page has been on top of certain searches and I had this issue and found a VERY simple solution...

As funny as this might sound... It works EVERY time I get the pink images with my phone and my neighbor's (evo as well)

To fix it, smack the back of your phone :)

That's it, it should fix it! I dont know why, but I think there is something lose with the camera, it first started after my phone fell and I noticed on the next morning since it fell overnight.

Hope this helps anyone searching for a fix

Zuz

5. drrickryp

drrickryp New Member

Take a pencil eraser and press firmly on the glass lens protector. This works for me.