Camera causes website reloadSupport

1. teaftollers

teaftollers New Member

Firstly, hello to you all. This is my first post, so please excuse any faux pas. I am trying to build an HTML5 website that will allow the uploading of photographs and am using my HTC Sensation running android 4.0.3 as a test device. The problem is that every so often, after taking a picture, the website reloads. This has happend with the default browser and with Firefox. I have cut down the code to the basic and yet the reloading still occurs:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en">
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0 maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">
    <head>
    </head>
    <body style="text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">
    <input type="file" id="files" name="files">
    </body>
    </html>

Obviously this doesn't actually do anything with the picture, but the web browser still reloads. As far as I can tell, the phone always has at least 100MB of memory free and the reloading seems to be less frequent when I reduce the picture resolution. Once the website has reloaded due to the camera problem, it seems to be more stable.

I have also tried a number of websites and these also cause the browser to reload. Could it therefore be a problem with the browser or the phone?

Has anyone got any idea what is going on and how I can stop the site from reloading?

Advertisement
    :
  2. leftystrat

leftystrat Well-Known Member

Two guesses:

1. low resources

2. current versions of browsers require permission to operate the camera. Perhaps this is related. [quite frankly, I don't want or need my browser to have camera permissions]