Camera Completely Non-FunctionalSupport

Last Updated:

1. crackdroid1

crackdroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The camera on my poor droid is not working at all. I've tried battery pull after battery pull, reflashing Android, etc, etc, etc, and nothing works. I open the camera app, and there is just black where the image is supposed to be. When I press the camera button halfway down (to focus) the white brackets show up, but again nothing happens. Sometimes, it will work, I take a picture just fine, and then I close the app and re-open it, and voila! it doesn't work again. So my question is: should I risk a refurb? I really like having a good camera with me at all times.

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Apparently Motorola is running out of refurbs so you might get lucky and get a new one. I'd go into a store and see what they suggest.

EDIT: You also might want to try other camera software to see if it's a software issue. I think it's unlikely that will work but it's worth a try.

crackdroid1 likes this.
  3. crackdroid1

crackdroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I shouldn't call the 1-800 number?

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Well I suppose you could. I guess it all depends what is more convenient for you. If you bring the phone in they might just be able to exchange it then and there.