• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera continues to auto-adjust

Does anybody else have an issue with the camera noticeably auto-adjusting every couple of seconds? It seems to me that it's continuously auto-focusing. Not such a big deal with still shots, but it's terribly annoying in video mode. I downloaded a camera app in which I can turn off the automatic settings and take video just fine within that app, and that works great. However, when I use an app like Periscope to live stream, that annoying auto-adjusting occurs every couple of seconds. There are no settings within Periscope to adjust the camera.
Is anybody else having this problem, and is there some sort of fix or work-around? Perhaps a way to change global settings for the camera?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I should probably clarify that I've only noticed this on the rear facing camera.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones