Camera Display Acting Strange

Last Updated:

1. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I can't find anyway to fix it, I generally just need to wait it out.

The camera and camcorder display sometimes looks strange, like I'm using one of the special fx, but I have no effects on. When I change the camera to sepia, or some other effect, it doesn't seem to be affected. Has anybody seen/heard of this before?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Have you ever experienced any ghosts or weird paranormal events?

jk, I don't know what could be causing that. Looks like a mixture of some effects. Have you tried using other camera apps to see if the issue is the same?

JoshUng likes this.
  3. broken1i

broken1i Well-Known Member

^That is a good approach to your problem.

4. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's a good idea, didn't even think about that. As for the mix of effects, I tried switching back and forth, even reset to default in the settings, no luck.

After your suggestion, I did download a camera app, and haven't been able to recreate the problem using either camera mode, so hopefully its a moot point from now on.

On the bright side, I never would have even thought to use a camera app, just looking briefly through the ones available suggests I have been missing out. Thanks either way.

5. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Ahh that's weird. Did you try with the stock app take a picture outside? maybe it was just a weird lighting situation, and causing it to saturate/desaturate while adjusting light balances. Also in manager applications settings,have you tried to clear cache for the default camera? Even though I doubt that would do anything. Just something to try.