Camera driver all messed up in 2.1Support

Last Updated:

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Google Goggles is nearly unusable because if I try to use the 'crop' feature, it misplaces it due to some bug in the camera driver and/or app. The visible area for taking a pic is not as large as the actual resolution, so it's like the viewfinder only sees the upper left 3/4 of what you're taking a pic of.

Very annoying.

I'm going to ask Sprint to give me a chance to upgrade my phone early in light of all the issues this phone has had. I'm sure some of you aren't as agitated as me or as picky as I am, but I have pretty much had it with this phone. I shouldn't have to learn to get around quirks and bugs or have to use root access for full functionality. It's ridiculous. All this time waiting for the 2.1 update, and they not only didn't get it right, but they cut out features.

Advertisement
  2. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

I feel you on everything...as much as I want to love the moment. It has to many issues for me to deal with "sometimes". I too have that google goggle issue. Among other issues...If i have to lie/bitch/complain to upgrade to the Evo I will do that, Since I would like to stay with the android OS. So you're not alone.

3. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

I get it that having bugs is annoying and sometimes outright ridiculous to have to put up with, but seriously... good luck trying to find a smartphone out there that isn't in some way going to piss you off. I've decided it's just not possible. Coming to that realisation really helps me deal with bugs.