Camera FC/not respondingSupport

Last Updated:

1. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else seen this issue? Since 2.2, I guess, I've noticed the camera on my phone locks up intermittently and stops responding to input from the shutter/camera button after one picture is taken. Until I take the first pic, the camera will focus and work fine no matter how many times I re-focus. But after I take the first pic, the screen will stay active and seem to function normally, but the phone pretty much locks up. It wont respond to any input from any hard or soft button for a min or two until I get "Sorry. the application Camera(process com.andoid.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and FC the camera app. Today it consistently did this every time I launched the camera app, like 8 times in a row. I've never seen it this bad until now. It's pretty much unusable. Sometimes it doesn't even save the first pic I take.

I'm running SS 4.9, P3Droids 1.1 GHz LV Kernel if that makes any diff. I've seen my friend have this same prob running vanilla FRG22D (I think) with Chevys 1 GHz LV kernel so I know it's not just my phone too.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've searched a bit on here and didn't find anything (at least that was answered). Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

I also experience that from time to time. A reboot fixes that. I am unrooted.

3. PhilosoRaptor

This is ridiculous if I have to reboot my phone every time I want to take pics. There's gotta be a permanent solution to this somehow.

4. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

Maybe stop by verizon wirelss store.... might have a defect.

5. PhilosoRaptor

Arrg.. I've had this phone since launch, I don't think it's hardware related. Maybe if I can find the camera app to download somewhere, I can re-install it and fix it..? I'm not even sure what to try other than a factory wipe that I'd rather not do.

6. PhilosoRaptor

Bump for help. I didn't want this thread moved to this sub-forum because I see how little traffic it gets now days :(.

Does anyone know where I can get the .apk for the camera app? Maybe a re-install will help or something..?

7. somedave

somedave Member

Have this problem on my Vibrant. In my case, I was just looking through some pictures that I took a while a go. This has happened to me several times, though usually it comes back to life after a minute or so. This time, I waited a good 15 minutes before rebooting. Firmware is 2.1-update1 (the OTA version that t-mo did a few weeks ago).