• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "camera firmware update... please wait"

my phone camera is not working it has been displaying "updating camera firmware, please wait" but it never works. so i decided to try and update the firmware from 5.0 to 5.1, maybe that would fix the problem.. but i cant seem to find the update for my phones build(which is I9505GUEUDNL3 with a kernel version of 3.4.0) on sammobile, iv even tried some of the versions for the i9505, but there were always errors like"aboot.mbn and NAND writestart".
im at my wits end on this, i havent been able to use my camera for months now, please anyone with a solution please help
frown.gif

oh and my phone is also an international unlocked version

my phone camera is not working it has been displaying "updating camera firmware, please wait" but it never works. so i decided to try and update the firmware from 5.0 to 5.1, maybe that would fix the problem.. but i cant seem to find the update for my phones build(which is I9505GUEUDNL3 with a kernel version of 3.4.0) on sammobile, iv even tried some of the versions for the i9505, but there were always errors like"aboot.mbn and NAND writestart".
im at my wits end on this, i havent been able to use my camera for months now, please anyone with a solution please help
frown.gif

oh and my phone is also an international unlocked version

Have you tried clearing the camera's cache?

Upvote 0
oh i see now... since my current firmware is lolipop 5.0, reflashing it would be flashing with the same 5.0?
oh and which country should i go for on sammobile since im in the u.s and im using the international vers.
btw sammobile has only 5.0.1 and iv already tried those

Let's take this one step at a time...

First, go to your settings-more-about device

Here you will find your model number under "Model number"

Tell me what it says so you can find the firmware you need.

EDIT: also tell me what version of Android you are on (5.0 or 5.0.x something?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones