1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Camera Fixed..!

1. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

mine works very well now!!! all i did was read this topic and tried it.:)
  2. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

Ok mine takes better pics now but it clicks when it does the focus. Does everyone's clicks when it does the auto focus?
  3. b3nder

b3nder Active Member

sorry to get off topic, does anyone know what other issue's this under the cover OTA update address? .. was it just for the camera?
  4. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member

What. wow.

behold the awesome power of google.

AP: (android press)
    Last night while everyone slept, covert Google operatives snuck into the homes, apartments, workplaces, and some cars, of Droid owners afflicted with bad focusing phones. This problem frustrated Droid when looking to snap good quality pictures of meaningless things like dogs, plants, keys, coke bottles and for a lucky few girlfriends. Luckily, the operatives were able to secretly fix the focusing problem which now has Droid owners seeing green.
  5. DoYouDroid

DoYouDroid Active Member

no Shopsavvy.... ever....

SILENT UPDATE FTW!!!!
  6. johnnybirdman

What. wow.

behold the awesome power of google.

AP: (androidforum press)
    Last night while everyone slept, covert Google operatives snuck into the homes, apartments, workplaces, and some cars, of Droid owners afflicted with bad focusing phones. This problem frustrated Droid when looking to snap good quality pictures of meaningless things like dogs, plants, keys, coke bottles and for a lucky few... girlfriends. Luckily, the operatives were able to secretly fix the focusing problem which now has Droid owners seeing green.
  7. tipopilota

tipopilota Well-Known Member

Yep mine works now too.. i wonder what else they fixed as well of it was just the camera.. I do love these updates in the background.
  8. avongil

avongil Active Member

Wow, works great now! Thanks for the heads up, i would have never noticed since I set my zoom to infinity and turned the flash off. Now it just works. Fast too.
  9. johnnybirdman

Have we ruled out that the collective Droid AI hasn't taken over and is now fixing itself? :eek:
    J.
  10. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

So now that we've pretty much confirmed that there was a silent update, I have a concern and a question.

Concern: Is there any evidence that the update occurred? Has the Kernel version changed? I'm glad they fixed the camera, but it would be nice to know when someone is changing my phone.

Question: Anyone noticed any other changes? Has anything else from the Dec 11 update been resolved?
  11. chefboyardee

chefboyardee Well-Known Member

I'm in for silent update. I have shopsavvy installed - but have never opened it, and didn't do the update yet.

Green every time here, even in pitch black conditions.

I. Am. Ecstatic.
  12. GrOoVyBeCcA

GrOoVyBeCcA Member

This is kind of unrelated but since we are talking about cameras... Is the camera suppose to make a clicking sound when you use it? I just got my Droid last night and just want to make sure it's normal.
  13. dwaner

dwaner Member

Pretty darn cool. Mine is working great also. While were on the subject of the camera, in camera settings what is the store location option used for?
  14. TheGr81

TheGr81 Well-Known Member

Hello Moto :) Thanks for the quick fix. Mine works great now
  15. RazrVin

RazrVin Member

I believe so.
  16. ynotbike

ynotbike Member

I forget if this worked before but auto rotaion in the camera is working as well
  17. lobe50

lobe50 Well-Known Member

Wow... Well something happened. I wipe mine down every night since I got it on the 6th, and the camera always sucked. I DO NOT have ShopSavy installed.

I just tried it after reading this just now and I'll be damned the autofocus works now. I will have to play around w the camera later and take some pics to see if the quality is up to par, but so far it looks much better. I wasn't even using the camera much because the pics were so bad compared to my BB Storm[​IMG].

I wonder what happened???? I also would like to know if we can see the update and what else was fixed if anything??
  18. RazrVin

RazrVin Member

I think that is for storing the literal location of where you take your picture based on GPS, if I'm not mistaken.
  19. GrOoVyBeCcA

GrOoVyBeCcA Member

Thanks! that makes me feel so much better :D
  20. RazrVin

RazrVin Member

21. DoYouDroid

DoYouDroid Active Member

Concerned that your camera now works... Relax.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
  22. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

I'm glad this is working! However, are you guys noticing an increase in quality of the pictures (i.e. 5MP quality pix), or just that it focuses right away now? :D
  23. argenys

argenys Active Member

Im getting better quality photos now not just focus/quick photos.
  24. Flowah

Flowah Member

Stupidest reasoning ever. Would you like Microsoft to be able to install silent updates without your consent/knowledge? Any company? I appreciate that Motorola fixed something that never should have been broken in the first place, but I want more control over my device that was touted as being more customizable and controllable by the user as opposed to being chained and handcuffed by the carrier.

That definitely includes not being forced to take updates.

That in THIS instance it was a beneficial update means nothing. Maybe in the future they will decide they don't like rooted phones and shut you down. I want control. They can release the update for people who want it, but don't install it secretly and not even notice anyone about it.
  25. MotoAlex

MotoAlex Active Member

I don't think that anyone actually "confirmed" there was a silent update. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet.

Someone floated a theory that this has something to do with the date/time on the phone. As weird as it sounds, it may actually be the source of all the "magic".