• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera flash as notification?

it is possible but there is no known mod for that yet. i also doubt any dev would do that.. if so, then having the LED notification would be pretty useless. also, using Camera's flash would eat more battery when it is used as a notifier.

Why is it that every time someone wants the phone to do something, someone has to say it would be stupid because it would use battery power?

Turning on the damn phone uses battery power, but the manufacturer put a power button on the phone so we could turn it on. OMG!!! It eats battery if it's on....why would you put a power button on it?

Upvote 0
Why is it that every time someone wants the phone to do something, someone has to say it would be stupid because it would use battery power?

Turning on the damn phone uses battery power, but the manufacturer put a power button on the phone so we could turn it on. OMG!!! It eats battery if it's on....why would you put a power button on it?

Agreed! I would venture a guess that the number of people who are actually away from a charging port for more than 10 hours is really, really rare, but having a battery life of UNDER ten hours is considered horrendous. Being too lazy to plug your phone in because it's a bother or because you are too lazy doesn't count.

Is it cool to have a battery life over ten hours? Yes. Is it really necessary? Probably not.

Upvote 0
I accept that when you use an electronic device, it uses battery. If it does the cool things I want it to, I don't care TO much about battery life. When I want the battery to last, I turn off some of the cool stuff. I would rather have it...whatever it is...and have the option to turn it off to save battery when needed.

One of the biggest responses on the iPhone forums when you ask about flash support in web pages is that it eats batter. Big friggin deal...don't use it then if you want the battery to last longer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones