Camera flash not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tindu

Tindu New Member This Topic's Starter

Bought a HTC Desire and just cannot get its camera flash working. Obviously having hard time with people at the shop ("have you tried taking these pictures at night, maybe it understands that it is still daytime even if you tried it in bathroom"). My dumb brain would suggest that manual - flash always on (unless that 5% battery limit is not hit), automatic - depends on sensor income, off - no flash.

Any ideas? Really hard to search for stuff like that in forums as usually "flash not working" refers to Adobe Flash.

Advertisement
  2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

When in the camera application there's a little lightning type symbol in the top right hand corner,it changes it to always on,automatic,off,etc.

3. Noz2k

Noz2k Member

I'm having this same problem. Have tried the flash on all 3 settings and have restored camera settings to default but still doesn't work. Any ideas?

4. sshadowbanee

sshadowbanee Member

daft question but is the bulb still working? the flash/flashlight led was the first thing that failed on my phone

5. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

What carrier are you using and can you tell me what baseband your phone is using? Was your phone reconditioned or new? Was it once SIM locked? Does the Torch app if you have one work? If you don't have aTorch app download a free one and that'll tell us if the LED works.

6. Noz2k

Noz2k Member

I'm not sure if the bulb is working. I'm on T-mobile, using Android 2.2 (it seemed to alway work on 2.1), the phone is about 6 months old, was bought new and has never been Sim locked.

What torch apps are there? I can only find ones which make the screen brighter.

7. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

I'm also on T-Mob & 2.2.
    There is an HTC torch app installed, called 'Flashlight'. You get a picture of Maglite on the screen, tapping the power button cycles the camera LED through three levels of brightness and off.
    If this doesn't work, then your phone is probably faulty.

8. Noz2k

Noz2k Member

Ah, yeah I tried this and the only light that changes is my screen brightness. Looks like the LED is knackered then, and I'm not insured anymore so will just have to go without it I guess.

Thanks for your help people.