Camera flash over-saturating images?Support

Last Updated:

1. 3volut1on

3volut1on VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all!

I've noticed since the Froyo update that when I take pictures, the camera flash is so bright that objects/people turn out completely white, depending on the distance. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I took some pictures yesturday... (in the dark), and yea I noticed that it was extremely bright. Wasn't too far away from the object though...

3. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Same here I take pics far away or I take the object in the light cause that flash just whites the object out lol

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Yup, same here. Even at 100 ISO I still get this. It's the same way when you take pictures with a strong sun (clear skies and sun directly above you). Anything white will have a whitish glow. I hope they copy iPhone's technique where it shoots multiple photos and get a composite photo with the three and get the best contrast for great photo.

I wonder if we can just get a black filter/film over the lens to minimize this problem.

5. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I read a tip somewhere a long while back where someone suggested putting a piece or two of tissue paper over the flash to work as a make shift diffuser. It would allow the flash to be bright enough but soften up the really bright cut that LED's can have. I havent tried it since I have rarely needed my camera yet, but when the time comes I might try this tip out. It would work especially well with my phone and case since it would hold in the tissue papers against the LED without any attaching. You could also put the tissue papers under the battery door then install the door over top, but it might hinder the door from sitting flush.

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I tried a rip off a sheet of printer paper here (1 layer) in this thread. I think this might need to be merged there or something... it's essentially the same thread.

7. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Anyone played with some settings in the Camera yet to help the situation out.