• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Flash shuts off phone completely

pichiru

Lurker
Nov 28, 2012
Ok i am extremely new and i just joined and i come here often for situations i can relate to when it comes to my phone but this is my first time posting anything.... but for awhile now my phone has been shutting off when i take pictures with flash when i would have like at least 15-30% battery life is it normal for it to completely shutt off? ive had times where the battery would be low and the app would close but not the whole phone would shutt off... is there something wrong with it? is it even a problem or am i over thinking it? is it a battery problem or something else plz help!.

Ok i am extremely new and i just joined and i come here often for situations i can relate to when it comes to my phone but this is my first time posting anything.... but for awhile now my phone has been shutting off when i take pictures with flash when i would have like at least 15-30% battery life is it normal for it to completely shutt off? ive had times where the battery would be low and the app would close but not the whole phone would shutt off... is there something wrong with it? is it even a problem or am i over thinking it? is it a battery problem or something else plz help!.

it's normal. gone through two esteems both did that on any rom I used. Stock you cant even run the camera with a low battery.
The issue is the batteries fault, when low it's not providing enough juice for flash, AND system at the same time.

Engineers could have fixed this by using a capacitor to power the flash. charging a capacitor would take a few seconds delay between flashes, but would leave the battery power to the phone when using the flash.

I noticed my brand new battery can flash (without issues) at a lower % than my old pack.

Reactions: rsurfer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones