Camera Flashlight Problem (HTC Desire)Support

1. fontwell

fontwell New Member

Hi all,

Having only recently bought a HTC Desire, I am now bugged with a flashlight issue. The led flashlight on my phone does not seem to work at all (neither in camera mode or the new flashlight app in android 2.2). The flash definitely worked when I originally got the phone but now does nothing..

I thought it may have been a software issue that I could resolve but have found no luck..

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. alesko

alesko Member

i have the same problem and somebody from cyanogenmod forum said it's seems to be a HW fault. I guess i will have to get it repaired :(
  3. adamjimenez

adamjimenez New Member

I got the same problem sometimes it flicks on and off randomly. i wonder if it's 2.2 related. i'm on three mobile.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Did it work for you on 2.1?
  5. adamjimenez

adamjimenez New Member

anyone tried a factory reset?
  6. adamjimenez

adamjimenez New Member

7. adamjimenez

adamjimenez New Member

doesn't work even in safe mode. led always flashes once during boot up.
  8. kervin152

kervin152 New Member

Same problem, just one week after I bought it. flash light does not work at all. Tried factory reset, still the same problem
  9. dado983

dado983 New Member

Hello...
    I had the same problem and I took my Desire to service. They replaced "rigid flex" and now it works fine...
    Regards,
  10. subham gupta

subham gupta New Member

hi,i have bought htc desire 816 couple of days ago.while capturing images during flashlight a blushish kind of image is captured but without flashlight it show nice image.Even i set setting filters to normal mode.
    please somone solve my problem......
  11. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

It could be tiny scratches on the clear plastic lens cover. Try taking the back off the phone then using the camera with the flash. If it improves the image quality you can carefully. remove the clear plastic disc from the back case as a permanent fix. I used my Desire like that for a couple of years.
  12. subham gupta

subham gupta New Member

Hi,frns
    Recently i bought HTC 816 desire,whenever i click pic at night their seems a red eye.It does not remove red eye while editing.When i turn off flash it does not give nice pic at night mode.so i have to turn on flash but it disturb the pic when its shows red eye.

frns please give solution of this problem as soon as possible....
  13. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

This forum is for a different "Desire" model (the original Desire), but the problem is very generic.

Red eye is hard to avoid if you put a bright light next to the lens. That's why real cameras try to put some space between the flash and the lens, or better yet diffuse or bounce the flash. But those aren't options with a phone.

Does the camera app have a red-eye protection option in its settings? This means turning the flash on for a second before taking the picture - it makes the subject's pupils contract, reducing the red eye effect. That seems to be the default behaviour with my HTC One. Otherwise the only thing I can suggest is to get a better photo editor. If you can't find one in the Play Store which does this you may need to copy pictures to a computer and do it there.