Camera Focus ProblemSupport

Last Updated: 2012-11-30 08:57:34
  1. Psychoplasm

Psychoplasm New Member

Hi, im new to Android and i just got a Galaxy Ace.

So here is my problem, when i want to take a close picture it just doesnt focus. I've tried with Macro Focus and Auto Focus. I touch the screen and nothing happens, i've tried everything and it just doesnt focus at all. I wonder if its my rom. I have a stock rom i havent rooted it or done any modifications. Please help me im very desperate. I have Gingerbread 2.3.6

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hi again, i posted on your intro post :).

Anyhow i have been digging around the web and it sounds like a pretty localized problem.

First off take out the battery and reboot. If that doesn't work, i would try a factory reset.

If that fails as well then it is probably some kind of hardware issue.

Hopefully one of these answers is helpful :)
  3. Psychoplasm

Psychoplasm New Member

Hey Digital, i tried taking my battery out and rebooting using the recovery mode but nothing happens i've also tried a factory reset and still. When i went to the store today they told me to do a factory reset and i did it as soon i got home. What is concerning me is that sometimes the autofocus works. Today it worked like for 5 minutes and then no focus.
  4. Stephen ay

Stephen ay New Member

I am using the S3. And having the same problem. The camera was fine until 1day, the autofocus doesn't work anymore. The focus square doesn't turn green (stay red). It just doesn't focus anymore. I tried to update the firmware, factory reset.no luck. Please help..
  5. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

The auto-focus on touch feature is not present in galaxy ace, the camera will auto-focus only after pressing the shutter button on the screen.