Camera Glitch?General

Last Updated:

1. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Inc for about 2 days now. I've only used the camera about 6 times, but have had this happen twice, so, so far, that 1/3 the time.

I bring up the camera, then take a picture, screen freezes with picture on the screen. Buttons vibrate when I press, but no activity. Press power button, screen goes black. Buttons still respond, but can't bring screen back until I hit Home. Back out of camera, go back in, and it works fine the next time.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
    Doc

Advertisement
  2. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Happened again tonight... Nobody else?

3. WARRIIOR

WARRIIOR Well-Known Member

Doc-
    Haven't been able to duplicate...taken about 12 pictures without issues.

4. b00sted4fun

b00sted4fun Well-Known Member

happened to me but only once

5. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Hmm it has never happened to me yet and hopefully never will.

6. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

Took about 6 or so. I am VERY impressed, the flash is actually legit and can make people close to you in the dark come out great.

No problems like that though.

7. WPerry66

WPerry66 Active Member

Nothing here...

Took my daughter to the park today and took at least 20 pictures, and a few videos. Worked flawlessly.

8. crashdogy

crashdogy Well-Known Member

No problems took 6 pics look good.

9. j2k2k5

j2k2k5 New Member

I had the same problem last night. I popped the 2gb microSD in before I turned on the the phone when I got it, assumed it formatted it on 1st boot, and then set the camera to use that for storage. Then every time I took a picture, it hung until I hit home and killed the camera program with a Task Killer. Once I went into "Settings -> SD card & phone storage -> Format SD card" the camera worked fine using the SD as a save location. Now that I have formatted the SD card, it is a grayed out option... That was my problem any. Hope it helps.

10. fastharryDOTcom

fastharryDOTcom Well-Known Member

tagged

11. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

This is good advice. It's always best to format any new storage card. Not only does it set it up for your device, it also removes any unwanted "stuff" from the card. I've heard of people receiving storage cards only to find out they were already used by someone else and then just resold. Never know what you'll find...

12. zbod

zbod Active Member

My camera went black every time i attempted to use it. I tried 3rd party apps to see if it was a software issue but no luck. The apps just force closed when they attempted to access the camera. This was after i formatted the SD card. I called VZW and im getting a replacement today.

13. Droid Duece

Droid Duece New Member

I've had the same freeze problem; I'll hit home and then open the camera a few seconds later and it will start back up. I've noticed the following: First, the freeze seems to happen in action shots when I've zoomed in - kids running around, etc. After a few times (3 -5 times) I started taking note of my order of operations, meaning I was sure to disposition the picture to my pics or trash, etc, then would hit the shutter icon to go back to picture taking. This seemed to help, but I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. Either way, it's kind of a pain to have to hit 2 extra buttons to get back to picture taking, while 4 year old kids run around at at birthday party. Looking at other posts, this seems like a problem. I'm guessing there will be a patch or something out soon.

14. knightwing44

knightwing44 Well-Known Member

Had the same freezing issues.

1) Tried the home button - that kinda worked except the picture was lost.

2) Tried power off the phone - worked for a couple of pics, then same issue.

3) After pic freezes, I simply waited 2 minutes, and the pic saved. Kinda annoying...

4) Seems to have stopped doing it and is back to normal (I hope).

I'm thinking software issues OR some other app is interfering (?).