• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera hang

CVK

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Hey,

I have a Milestone that's about a week and a half old, and only recently, the camera would not work!

When I press the camera app or press and hold the camera button, the screen turns black and it eventually prompts me to force-close the camera. (Sometimes I can see the options like flash etc, but still black everywhere else. This appears to be random)

I have tried rebooting, removing the battery and turning off geo-tagging. But none seem to work.

I downloaded a few other camera apps, but all end the same way. I used Google Goggles and it eventually leads to a force-close. So it could be a hardware problem.

The camera is not obscured by anything (That I can see) and looks perfectly fine. So it may also be a software problem.

So here are my questions:
1) Is it a common problem? (As I have another Milestone that is still working. But will it come to this eventually as well?)

2) Will a factory reset do any good? (That's what my telco guy told me to do)

3) How do I fix it? (If the factory reset does not work. Also, please don't say warranty. I am trying to find a simpler fix first)

Thanks a whole lot in advance!
CVK

P.S. I miss taking pictures and using PicSay to mess around so I miss my camera alot :(

I'm just posting this just in case anyone else has the same problem as me.

I tried everything else to no avail, and I ended up backing up my entire phone then doing a factory reset. It worked! Now my camera is back to usual! Now all I have to do is restore everything...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones