camera has a black screen?Support

Last Updated:

1. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i was trying to show off my phone today and when i tried to take a picture the screen was black. It won't take a pic or anything. This is the first time i've tried it since the update

Advertisement
  2. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

I'd do a battery pull.

3. jbhumph

Tried it and it didn't change a thing. Should I try a hard reboot? :( Anyone else have this happen? It's almost like the lens cap was left on it (yes I realize there is no lens cap but you get the idea) cause everything else shows up....just no picture or video

4. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

Looks like your shutter is stuck closed, it has happened to a few people and moto/verizon is aware of it. Try the hard reboot to see if it helps. However, you might have to get it replaced unless they came up with a fix (assuming it's software related). Have you applied the new update yet?

5. jbhumph

Awesome. Yes, new update has been applied

6. jbhumph

Mine was working before the update. That's really odd. I did a google search though and see that there are a number of people having this issue. I tried a few remedies they suggested but nothing worked. Looks like I'll be looking into a replacement....darn it I was having such good luck too :(

7. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

recently just in the last two days when i take a pic and then try to immediately view it i get a black screen and the only button that does anything is the home button. If i try to go back to the gallery and view the pic again..same thing black screen. This doesn't stop happening till i do a power cycle. ...not sure what is going on.no worries though i have a replacement for a diff reason that will be here on Tuesday.

8. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member

had the same thing happen to me yesterday, day 30 of having it. called verizon and a "certified like new" is on the way and will be here wednesday......bummer. still tho, it cant be more than 30 days old itself, just wonder what was wrong with the 1 on the way....