Camera HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. dorkapatamus

dorkapatamus Member This Topic's Starter

Overall, I am extremely happy with my DX. My only complaint is the quality of the camera in low light. Every picture I take looks grainy. At times the flash washes everything out. I know it's just a camera and I shouldn't expect much, but for such a great device that does everything else, it's a bit of a bummer. I've been looking at low light photos from the SF and they appear to be worlds apart.

Does anyone have any hints to get decent looking photos in low light? All help is much appreciated.
    Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

I've been hearing that the steady shot mode helps with this, I haven't tested it yet though

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

steady shot mode helps some, and is actually better than night shot mode, IMO

however, you have to remember that you're using 2 LEDs to create a flash instead of a real flash on a camera, so you're not going to get the same effect

4. dorkapatamus

went out last night and used the Camera 360 app. Don't know why but it seemed to clean up the pictures quite a bit. another buddy of mine has a DX and was using the native software so I actually had side by side comparisons. not trying to advertise that ap, but it's just my experience. I'll start playing around with the steady shot. thanks for the replies!

5. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

You could use Neat Image (demo) to reduce the noise, IF the picture isn't too dark. You can adjust the settings as to how much to clean up. I'm also not advertising the app (it's free, and it does help), I just want to give a suggestion related to the issue.

6. dorkapatamus

Thank you, I'll check it out.