camera is unable to initializeSupport

Last Updated:

1. kmwhiten

kmwhiten Well-Known Member

So I haven't had any trouble until now with my boinic. I tooks pictures saturday and I just tried to take one and this is what i got. "camera is unable to initialize" anyone know how to fix? I really dont feel like whipping it and starting over but I can if i have to later.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The first thing that I would try is restarting the phone. You don't say whether you tried that already, but that is an obvious first step.
  3. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

I would try a "soft reset" ... hold down the Volume Up/Volume Down/Power buttons until a menu appears and then disappears. When it disappears release the buttons. The Bionic will be rebooting. This is identical to pulling the battery, replacing the battery, and doing a power on.

... Thom
  4. kmwhiten

Well I already turned off and then on that didnt work. I havent tried the "soft reset but if you say its the same as pulling the battery then I have done that. I have also cleared the data on the camera app too.
  5. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

I have not encountered this problem.

Googling a little it has appeared on different models. One conclusion was that it was a hardware problem and you should take it in for service. Another conclusion was to go to ...

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All Camera and select Clear Data.

As I said ... I have not encountered the problem personally.

... Thom
  6. kmwhiten

Hey thanks, I already tried to clear the data but that didnt work. I think it is a hardware because my flashlight app wouldnt work and the barcode scanner also wouldnt work. I am getting a replacement from verizon.
  7. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Good to hear that Verizon is replacing it!
  8. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Excellent. (Well too bad about the problem ... at least it's getting replaced.)

... Thom