Camera is upside downSupport

1. whippintegra

whippintegra Well-Known Member

I recently video chatted with my brother who has a iPad 2 and our cameras seemed to work opposite/upside down we tried qik (which crashed my xoom and my brother gave me great choice on the xoom BS) Fring which would make one of us upside down no matter how I/he held the xoom/iPad and Tango which we finally got to work if I held my xoom upside down and he held his right side up. WTF is it mine or his?

On a side note when I call my wife on her computer we both see each other fine with no orientation problems

Advertisement
    :
  2. whippintegra

whippintegra Well-Known Member

Can anyone else confirm if when they call a iPad if there camera is upside down? I used fring last night and called my dad and brother and they were both upside down, or I was upside down (for them) if I flipped the Xoom over.

I called them with my Samsung epic later and we had no problems so now I am starting to think it is my Xoom.

Could they have possibly installed the camera upside down?
  3. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

I have noticed this same issue with Tango when video chatting with an iPhone 4.
  4. Randall@Tango

Randall@Tango Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

There is a currently an issue with Tango showing upside down video on the Motorola Xoom. Please expect a fix from us very soon. ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Replay, whippintegra and nycebo like this.
  5. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Awesome. Thx.
  6. jimswood4

jimswood4 New Member

I had the same issue...support sent me a different app that fixed it.

They did ask me not to pass it out lol .... I wonder why?
  7. Randall@Tango

Randall@Tango Well-Known Member

Hi Jim,

I am glad that version is working for you! You may have been sent a beta version of Tango because we wanted you to test it for us ;) We ask users not to pass out out these versions because they may not be ready for production yet. :)

Thanks for the help.

8. Replay

Replay Active Member

@Randal,
    It is very nice to find someone from tango here in xoom's section.
    Maybe you could answer this one please..
    Why is the video quality low in apps like tango and gtalk,but high in skype?
  9. DavRatini

DavRatini New Member

I have the same upside down video problem with Fring running on my Asus Transformer. It could be either tablet or Honeycomb related. The sooner we get Skype video on Android the better.
  10. TheSentinel

TheSentinel Active Member

I've had the same problem with my DINC 2 and my wife's iPod touch. We are using Qik, and when we do, I'm upside down on her screen. I removed the apps from both the DINC 2 and the iPod, and reinstalled, but nothing fixed it.
  11. ellan22

ellan22 New Member

same problem that i have here right now..,,,could you please me to fix my upside down camera on tango video calling...,,,i'm using lenovo A3000_H..,,, i really need your help..,,thanks