Camera issue - nonresponsive, won't take photos, crashing phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. Mongoos150

Mongoos150 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,
    So up until last night, my camera has always worked perfectly. I'm running 2.2, non-rooted, totally out of the box. No task killers (ever).

However.

As of last night, when pulling out my camera at a bar to snap a photo, the shutter button simply would not respond, as if I hadn't pressed anything. Frustrated, I tried exiting (hitting home) and re-entering the app, but the phone froze. After a battery pull, the same thing happened. And again. No buttons are working on the camera app (flash, menu, nothing). Today, the menu/shutter buttons won't even appear when I open the camera app. Totally unusable.

When I use an application (like facebook or twitter) to take a photo, the same thing happens. I'm at my wits end! Going to see if a factory reset does the job. Extremely aggravating. Has anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement
  2. Mongoos150

Hard reset did nothing. I have TEP, going to see if I can get a replacement at the store. Urgh.

3. Mongoos150

Really? No input, no suggestions, no anything? Since this started happening, my battery drains to about 70% in the first TEN MINUTES of coming off the charger. Not sure if they're related, but it's kind of crazy.

After 70%, the battery is fine, can last about a full day with normal usage.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

We had early reports of the LED Light app conflicting with the camera - if you have that installed you might remove it and see if your camera gets healthy.

Let's start there.

5. Mongoos150

The flashlight app? I haven't installed any apps related to the light, but the flashlight app came with the 2.2 upgrade.

The system won't allow me to un-install the flashlight app, by the way, if that's what you're referring to.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

no it's a different light app that some had pre 2.2

7. Mongoos150

Definitely don't have this app. I went into Sprint today, they finally got a unit in for me to swap with, but it had prelim screen separation. I declined and will be visiting the store when they (hopefully) get more units.

Off topic, their waiting list (Beverly Hills, Los Angeles CA) is at two months. Still. Damn.