1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Camera IssueGeneral

1. 03jeep

03jeep New Member

I am new to the Android phones(traded a Blackberry) and I really am enjoying it so far except for the Camera. I have only had the phone a couple weeks and the camera stopped working. When I turn it on it is black and then it flashes between black and what I would be taking a picture of. And, the video camera just freezes up and doesnt do anything. Has anyone had any experience with any camera issues? Thanks DJ

Advertisement
    :
  2. bamaduc

bamaduc Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue on my galaxy tab. Used tb to wipe data and remove app, then found a camera app over at xda that I downloaded and installed and I haven't had any problems since. Hope this helps.
  3. 03jeep

03jeep New Member

Thanks for the reply, but I have no idea what tb or xda are? Sorry, I'm new to all this and not really familiar with all the terms yet. DJ
  4. bamaduc

bamaduc Well-Known Member

5. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

do a hard reset
    How to do a hard reset on the Boost Mobile/Sprint Samsung Transform Ultra. - YouTube
  6. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

is that your video that you posted?
  7. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

yes its mine
  8. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

At this point I'd like to add that if the hard reset solves the problem then fine but if it doesn't then you need to get in touch with Samsung and ask them to fix the problem. This is just too much on a piece of hardware less than one year old!

Samsung: 888 987 4357.

They'll give you an RMA number and email you a UPS return slip. Package the phone affix the label, mail it back, they solve it, mail it back to you. Turn around time will be about a week. If you have a secondary boost phone, or the original Blackberry still handy you can use that phone while your current phone is in transit, if being without a phone is not an option.

Good luck.
  9. 03jeep

03jeep New Member

Thanks for all the help. I tried the hard reset and it still doesn't work. I have only had it for a couple weeks so i'm just going to return it to Best Buy tomorrow and get another. Thanks DJ
  10. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

Where did you get that clock widget/ what is it called? I've wanted it since i saw it on other non samsung phones