Camera IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. imustbethedevil

imustbethedevil Member This Topic's Starter

Every time I try to bring up the camera by clicking on it, the screen goes black and nothing happens. I can take pics with the button on the side of the phone, but I have to go to my gallery to see them. I am thinking that it could be one of my apps and I will have to restore back to phone defaults, but figured that I would throw it out there before I lost any time.

Advertisement
  2. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

It's been documented in a few places now that any app or widget that adjusts the brightness can cause this issue. Try going into your settings and checking/unchecking "auto-brightness" and then try the camera.

3. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

my brother had a similiar issue, he went to the sprint store they did a hard reset and all is fine now

4. welcometothehellmouth

welcometothehellmouth Member

I got my moment last Wed and the camera and camcorder are no longer working at all. I can snap a pic and it takes it but it goes no where not even in my gallary. The camcorder won't even come on it just says cannot turn on camera module. I took it to the service center and they did a hard reset but nothing happened. They have now ordered me a new phone to replace mine.

5. imustbethedevil

imustbethedevil Member This Topic's Starter

That sucks since all you have to do is what agent0014 suggested. It worked for me. Camera works fine again! So...

"It's been documented in a few places now that any app or widget that adjusts the brightness can cause this issue. Try going into your settings and checking/unchecking "auto-brightness" and then try the camera."

6. welcometothehellmouth

I tried that and still no luck :( Thanks though!

7. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

The problem is probally you have a program/widget for controlling screen brightness if you do with widget bring the brightness down to 0% then uninstall the brightness app/widget then everything should work fine again at least that did it for me

8. welcometothehellmouth

I have not downloaded any widgets or changed any settings having to do iwth brightness. I downloaded a few games and I even uninstalled them to see if that would help but it didn't. I think my camera just may have some sort of defect.

thanks!!