• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera lag and blurry images

dgruetter

Mar 17, 2010
I have been trying to deal with the blurry images from the Eris's camera but enough is enough. Unless my subject is completely still for 10 seconds, my picture is looks blurry. Does anyone have this problem? Could I fix it in settings? I am currently using the 5 meg pixel setting. reducing it does help but still..

If I take a picture using the trackball I tend to get blurry pictures. However if I long-press on the screen on top of the area that I most want to be in focus (subject's face, for instance) then the camera auto-focuses AND snaps the shutter (or the digital equivalent) - no need to press the trackball. Doing it this way I get nice crisp pictures.

Edit: Took a picture of my store. This is set at 3mp and the store is not overly brightly lit. BTW, I took ONE picture, not a series and then chose the best one. I have no problem with a phone that takes pictures of this caliber.

I trust the mods won't bust me for shameless advertising. This is in keeping with the topic of the thread, and hey - I'm at work, it's the only thing around to take a picture of (you have to admit the colors are pretty...). :)

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
Reactions: cuezed and JKib
Upvote 0
I would HIGHLY recommend downloading ProZoom camera. It was suggested to me and is WAY better then the stock camera. It costs a couple of bucks but the pictures come out MUCH clearer and they are saved extremely fast. It is one of the best apps that I've downloaded and you'll much happier with your pictures. I think it's called ProZoom 5x in the market.

Upvote 0
If I take a picture using the trackball I tend to get blurry pictures. However if I long-press on the screen on top of the area that I most want to be in focus (subject's face, for instance) then the camera auto-focuses AND snaps the shutter (or the digital equivalent) - no need to press the trackball. Doing it this way I get nice crisp pictures.

Edit: Took a picture of my store. This is set at 3mp and the store is not overly brightly lit. BTW, I took ONE picture, not a series and then chose the best one. I have no problem with a phone that takes pictures of this caliber.

I trust the mods won't bust me for shameless advertising. This is in keeping with the topic of the thread, and hey - I'm at work, it's the only thing around to take a picture of (you have to admit the colors are pretty...). :)

Excellent tip! I've been using the 2 sec delay to try and fix the shaky feeling of the trackball, but touch and hold works wonderfully. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones