Camera Lens.. Cause for concern?Support

Last Updated:

1. Shtang

Shtang Member This Topic's Starter

I've done my best to keep it off hard surfaces but i've still got tiny scratches on it. Seeing how case's don't protect this area, is there anything that can be done? Whats everyone doing to protect the camera lens on the back of your incredible??

Advertisement
  2. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

That's not the lens. That IS a protective cover. If you look inside, the sort of glass eyeball thing is the lens. Sure, it's a good idea to not destroy it..but don't worry. The whole piece is held on by some double sided tape and should be easily replaced when needed. No idea on cost/difficulty yet personally though as I am nowhere near needing to:)

Shtang likes this.
  3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

+1

4. Shtang

Shtang Member This Topic's Starter

Glad to hear!! Thanks for the info, weight off my shoulders.. ;)

5. PleaseBreathe

PleaseBreathe Active Member

The Verizon High Gloss Silicone case adds enough thickness to the back that the lens cover doesn't rest on surfaces when the phone is put down.

6. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

I'm running mine nekkid and no scratches...yet! I'm sure the camera isn't going to pick up on those micro-scratches so it shouldn't affect your picture quality.

7. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Mostly correct. Eventually once there are enough/deep enough scratches, it will start to affect the autofocus. However, they still won't show up in the images.

So, once you start having problems with focusing, look at your lens cover. Wipe it off ( finger prints can have the same effect. ), and retry. If you still have problems, consider replacing the cover.

8. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, definitely with bigger/deeper scratches it'll definitely affect the autofocus. I was just saying that there shouldn't be any worries with the types of scratches he/she was describing.:)

9. DirtDiver

DirtDiver Member

I also have light scratches on mine from just 2 weeks use.. i hope this is a component we can replace later down the road.

10. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Just wanted to put my input that the body glove snap on case sold at verizon is thick enough that it protects the camera from touching the surface you are resting the phone on