Camera Lens Scratch Resistance?

Last Updated:

1. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know the screen on this phone is supposed to be extremely scratch resistant due to the Gorilla Glass. Does anybody know if the same glass is used for the camera lens? I much prefer to use the phone without a case but I don't want to cause the lens to get scratched. Any input would be appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. TozyJay

Guess I should just get over it and use the case. :D

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I'd like to know too. I found no answers thru the usual channels. Part of me thinks logic demands that they would but who knows

4. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I'm relatively certain (someone else will have to back me up) that the "lens" you're talking about is not the actual camera lens itself, but a glass/plastic covering over the actual camera lens.

So, ideally, if this ever becomes thoroughly roughed up or messed up it would require just replacing that silver/glass/plastic cover and not the entire camera and lens itself.

5. Wbman

Wbman Member

I am very interested in this too. Looks like the lens protecting piece should be easy enough to replace if scratched. What I would like to see is a case with a sliding camera lens protector on it! Maybe I should call that invention place and invent one... lol

6. TozyJay

I suppose I could find some e-mail address for Samsung and ask...but that sounds like an awful lot of hard work. :)

I like it much better without the case, as the case that I have muffles the sound when the phone is laying face up. It's barely muffled at all without the case.