Camera Lens..General

Last Updated:

1. Bl4z3

Bl4z3 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got my Incredible and have been paranoid about scratching the camera lens. I have the red snap-on hard case from verizon and the lens is flush with the phone now. I keep it in my pocket all-day, so it goes in and out quite a bit. Does it scratch easily? If it does get scratched will it effect picture quality any?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. OneOleMan

OneOleMan Active Member

I seriously doubt a small scratch would be noticeable in any of the pictures taken unless you were able to blow them up to full size. Like you I have a hard case which looks to offer minimal lens protection so eventually it will get scratched. Just be sure only your phone is in the pocket.

3. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I believe this has been discussed before and the outcome was determined that the exterior glass isn't actually the lense but rather a clear cover for your lense which is placed further inside the phone. I think it can even be replaced should it become scratched. That being said, I am still very cautious of mine.

4. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

What some people have been doing is, when you get a screen protector, use the little pop out piece for the optical navigation button, on the camera lens. But even without, the lens seems pretty resistant to scratches.

5. Oddity

Oddity Well-Known Member

I was actually planning on doing that when I got my Steinheil Crystal Clear protector, but much to my surprise, the hole was already cut out. No little circle to be found anywhere.

6. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Oh sadness... I have a Zagg it came with the circle but I didn't read this great idea till after I had tossed it... and I was going to get a Steinheil cause I am not liking with the "orange peel" effect of the Zagg.

7. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

Maybe they changed it so that they're already cut out then? I know mine and several other people's came with the circle~