Camera LensGeneral

Last Updated:

1. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,
    I haven't got my phone yet, but I noticed on the pics of Incredible, the camera lens could get scratched easily, don't you guys think so?

Advertisement
  2. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Yeah it looks like it will get hammered. Not the best design to make the camera stick out further than the phone!

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Yes, the lens sticks out past the back cover. I am putting a cut out piece of a screen protector on it to try and keep it protected some, hopefully without sacrificing the picture quality too much.

4. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I should do that. Nice idea.

5. scorpionfalcon

scorpionfalcon Active Member

Don't worry too much guys, I actually pulled off the red camera cover today (it is only stuck there via stickers). The real camera lens sits underneath. Basically, what im trying to say is that red piece on top that sticks out is replaceable, in the event that you scratch/crack it.

GrandMasterB and brettlewis like this.
  6. aurastrife

aurastrife New Member

Mine is actually cracked and I have no idea when or how it happened. Glad to see that you can actually remove the cover but where can you purchase replacements?

7. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

The glass is actually recessed enough that it doesn't actually make contact - the metal ring protects it. Either way, a somewhat curious design, but if they made the phone thick enough to encase the entire camera, we would be complaining that the phone is too thick. Then again, they could have fit in a thicker battery. HELP! I'M GETTING CONFUSED!

8. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

The glass piece is the protective cover for the lens. No need to get too worried about it, in my opinion.

9. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

The part sticking out is NOT the camera lens. That is the cover FOR the lens, which is the small eyeball looking thing in the center.

10. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Ya, I already took mine off and cleaned it out. There was a small piece of lint on the inside, which I only found because I was looking at the lens cover with a microscope (seriously, 40X). Not sure where you can get a replacement, but it'd be cool to have different colors.

BTW, I just put on the VZW black silicone case yesterday, and dropped the phone 2-3 times on concrete today by accident while working on my car. No damage to the phone or lens cover (which sits flush with the silicone cover)

11. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

Good to hear that! But... you really might want to take a little bit more care with your phone. :)

fortesquieu likes this.
  12. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

my phone skipped about 15 feet on the hard tile at.
    home depot today.

Glad i had my silicone case on my phone.

It also makes a nice rubbery thud when it hits the ground.. its kinda satisfying when your phone flys out of your hand and makes a thud, and the girl behind me dropped her iphone without a case and it sounded like it did some real damage.

13. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

Why in the torn up anus of the virgin Mary, were you looking at your camera lens through a microscope?

14. LoPan12

LoPan12 Well-Known Member

Eegads, where do you live? So that I can avoid this Home Depot that apparently induces customers to drop they're phones and play shuffleboard with them ;)

And why wouldn't you take your shiny new DINC out of your pocket if you're working on the car?! Put it inside the car, or atleast on the roof! I'm having terrifying visions of a dropped crescent wrench bouncing off a fender and pinwheeling right at your pocket....!SMASH!...*shudder*

15. malice

malice Well-Known Member

I just looked at mine to see if it was scratched. Looks like the outer protective cover is completely unscratched on mine. I have had it since 4/18, and always keep it in my pocket with keys and god knows what else. The protective cover is, well, incredible.

16. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

My protective cover has only one very small scratch on it that has no effect whatsoever on the pictures since it is right at the rim where the glass changes to the silver ring.

17. bprice

bprice Active Member

Noticed that my lens cover is also cracked. Need tips on replacement.

18. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Go to Best Buy and steal one from a demo? Joking. You will have to wait until someone starts selling replacement parts.