Camera lense protectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. nuggetz

nuggetz Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. imageher

imageher Active Member

Great idea but I think dust will buildup and stick the the inside of the screen proctor that's not on the lens.

3. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about sending back my Palm Pre Invisishield and getting the free replacement to do this.

How does it affect picture quality?

Do you have any before and after pics?

4. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Well-Known Member

But it may slightly affect the quality of the photos...

5. DrkBlue

DrkBlue Member

Did you say, "you bastards" at the end of your video?

Anywho I was just thinking of doing this in my car today. Imma do it right now.

6. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

Please take before and after shots with your camera. I'm interested to see how a screen protector affects picture quality.

7. nuggetz

nuggetz Member This Topic's Starter

I dont think you need to worry about dust. Cut the piece big enough so that it's bigger than the hole and it will form sort of a seal around the entire lens and the lens enclosure itself (the red part). I didn't have a spare zagg protector around so I used what I had to make the video (iPhone). You'll prolly want to use a zagg as its very flexible and will conform nicely to the camera. Besides, you can always cut another piece once it gets grimy or damaged.

Dont use something too stiff or else you'll have to force the back panel on and I dont want anyone to break the tabs on the door. Everything should work fine if you use a flexible piece of protector at the size I used in the video. The piece I used appears to have micro bubbles in it but it could just be the crappy iPhone protector I used. Screen protectors are a dime a dozen on ebay so experiment with the one that gives the best clarity. I'll try and take some before and after photos tomorrow during the day and post them.

8. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I did a similar thing, although i didn't have to make a cutout because one of the screen protectors I received in the mail had a circular clear cutout for the lens (from a skin I made on unique skins).

Anyhow, I can confirm that the pictures aren't affected at all. Here are a couple pics I took at a Mitsubishi car meet I attended this past weekend:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]