1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Camera making funny noise?

1. Marquee B

Marquee B Active Member

So when i turn the camera on, on the Droid it makes this sort of loud noise coming right from the lens it seems to only make it when it has to focus or when it turns on or even when coming back from previewing a picture. Does any one else seem to have that problem?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Skyfox16

Skyfox16 Well-Known Member

i just noticed this too. It sounds like a digital camera focusing and its kind of loud. Is everyones like that??
  3. Marquee B

Marquee B Active Member

I guess if its happening to you too then its more than likely happening to everyone else.
  4. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

Apparently this is normal. It has been discussed quite a bit.

There will be no fix for the noise but there is supposedly a fix in the works for the focusing issue.
  5. eL777

eL777 Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing this too, and I read somewhere that a "clicking" noise could indicate a bad camera (hardware issue). But idk if I can justify this as a "clicking" noise, to me its like an electronic click, not a hardware click. Idk how to explain the noise lol, but I just hope it isn't something wrong with my camera.
  6. Marquee B

Marquee B Active Member

ah no shit, how could they let something like that pass through into the final production messed up. If they do fix it is it something that can be fixed in the software or the hardware, so basically what im saying is that the first gen buyers of the droid are screwed?
  7. jmhatz

jmhatz Member

My clicks or ticks or beeps or what ever ya'll wanna call it. I have the focus issue. The one at the store did not but it also made the same noise as mine. I feel as if it's more software oriented. I'm not sure if it's true but my vzw store said they have information that Motorola is release an update on dec 11th. I dunno.
  8. eL777

eL777 Well-Known Member

Well someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I have read a lot of conflicting evidence, more leaning towards it being a software issue. Hopefully that is the case because I don't want to have to take my phone in for repairs already lol. Everytime I put the phone in camera mode though, it makes that electronic beep/click noise like 3 consecutive times. But like I said, I've read a lot of places that the software for the camera just blows in general so hopefully that will be addressed.
  9. Marquee B

Marquee B Active Member

i didnt notice until now but my screen while previewing a picture then going back into camera mode focuses and blinks all weird like to the sound of the noise. this seriously has to be my biggest compliant everything else to me is a matter of getting used to and familarizing yourself. But what was suppose to be one of the nicest cameras on any phone with 5 mp is all ****** up with stupid cliches and funny sounds. it makes me kind of mad its bullshit, its a really nice feature to have a phone fix it moto!
  10. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

My HTC Magic does this , specifically using the app "Barcode scanner" where the camera is consistently focusing. I would say this is normal :)
  11. chloe111

chloe111 New Member

yea i have the exact same problem but when i look at the pics it dont make the noise it just does when im taking pics
  12. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

LOL nice thread resurrection. Why is this a problem? You're just hearing the motor (or maybe a solenoid - not sure exactly how they do it) inside physically adjusting the lens to focus the image.