camera malfunction? horizontal line distortion after auto-focus in medium/low lightSupport

Last Updated:

1. Labcoat

Labcoat Member This Topic's Starter

I'm attaching a picture I just took in low light. Basically the image looks fine on the OLED screen *until* I focus and then snap the photo. When I focus, the image is overlaid with a bunch of lines which distort the image and these are visible in the saved photo.

I notice that this happens in low light nearly all the time, and also in medium light pretty often. Today I took photos outside on an overcast day and it was doing this as well. Is there something wrong with the camera and/or software? Anyone else experience this type of problem?

thanks
    LC

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. A-dAwg

A-dAwg New Member

I wonder if it's some kind of 60Hz interferene. You might try changing the settings for flicker. It's under the last icon in the sidebar, and there are settings for 50 Hz, 60 Hz, and Auto. If you haven't tried them before, mess around a little and see what you get.

3. Labcoat

Just tried playing with the flicker adjustment but no luck. Will probably go to the Verizon store today to see if demo units behave similarly.... will report back.

LC

4. Labcoat

So I took the DInc back to the store (Best Buy) and they exchanged it for a new one, no hassle. The replacement has corrected the problem - no more focus/distortion woes!

LC

5. Labcoat

So I took the DInc back to the store (Best Buy) and they exchanged it for a new one, no hassle. The replacement has corrected the problem - no more focus/distortion woes!

LC