camera modes - figuring out flashSupport

Last Updated:

1. gman88

gman88 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am attempting to understand the camera. When using the camera, I used to take the pictures by pressing the physical button on the phone. I was able to turn the flash setting on/off/auto, etc. It looks like my phone did an upgrade to code. When I go into the camera now, the screen has a new look, with the button to take the picture on the screen. I can't change the flash setting. I get a message stating 'flash adjustment not available in this scene'. Under the Settings, there is not a flash setting. Did something change in the code, or am I in a camera mode that I don't know how to get out of? At least in this mode, I figured out that there is a zoom with the volume keys. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. gunderda

gunderda Well-Known Member

yea you're in a 'mode' that doesn't allow you to turn the flash off.
    when you're in the camera app you'll see a pointed tab on the right hand edge (if you're holding it in landscape). if you touch that it will pull out. then you will get options like "scenes, effects, flash, switch to"
    there you will touch scenes and change the scene. then once you have changed the scene you can go into the flash settings.

3. Thong

Thong Active Member

Exactly, the mode you are currently in doesnt allow you to change the flash setting.

Set it to auto and you can turn it on and off as you need to.

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I find I get the best quality pics in Steady Shot, which locks the Flash into Auto. You can't turn the flash off, but it doesn't always flash, only when it needs it.

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I am the original anti-flash person. Never understood how people think they can take a picture from row 543, seat 199 in a stadium and expect their flash to do anything of the field 200 yards away from them that those 1GW lights on those poles aren't doing already! :)
    Rant mode off :)