• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera - Nexus vs One X

Performance wise, the only thing that might bog down the x is sense. The new snapdragon will dominate the ti chip in the gnex. The gnex isn't all that great for trying to get the best pictures possible (the 4s is still the best I've seen in person,) but the zero shutter lag is so awesome i don't think i could go back to anything slower...personally i would still pick the nexus, i absolutely hate sense anymore

Upvote 0
There are other sites that say differently.

Phonearena is one of few sites that does fairly thorough phone camera reviews. They also did One X vs Nexus camera review and gave edge to Nexus for detail and color accuracy. Other sites are quite subjective on camera and just go by Imagesense hype. To me the speed of HTC imagesense is very good, but its image quality doesn't stand out yet as they want you to believe.

Upvote 0
I for one, am pretty happy with my nexus camera. the OneX has some pretty good camera specs, but as we all know, MP means nothing and specs mean nothing until you put them into real world situations.

camera was #4 on my list of priorities for this phone...yet it has far exceeded my expectations. even the 4.0.4 ROMs improved the quality a bit.
i am happy.

Upvote 0
Phonearena is one of few sites that does fairly thorough phone camera reviews. They also did One X vs Nexus camera review and gave edge to Nexus for detail and color accuracy. Other sites are quite subjective on camera and just go by Imagesense hype. To me the speed of HTC imagesense is very good, but its image quality doesn't stand out yet as they want you to believe.

Every site is subjective being that they are giving their opinions based on what they see. Thats why, even though I am no camera expert, I always do my own testing to see for myself. As of right now though my gnex has a camera that I am more than satisfied with especially when it comes to my evo 3d so no complaints from me. When I get the evolte, then I will make another comparison.

Upvote 0
Not so according to this comparison review. So this makes them Nexus fanboy?

Camera comparison: One X vs Galaxy S II vs Nexus vs N8 vs iPhone 4S

No, but...come on. The moment this phone hit the public one of the bigger issues were the camera. At that time, the Rezound and Razr had better cameras. Its okay, but its not great. It gets the job done, yes, but if you want something better I would go with the phones whom the majority report the camera is resonating well within its community.

Upvote 0
No, but...come on. The moment this phone hit the public one of the bigger issues were the camera. At that time, the Rezound and Razr had better cameras. Its okay, but its not great. It gets the job done, yes, but if you want something better I would go with the phones whom the majority report the camera is resonating well within its community.

Well, most complaints on nexus camera came from not knowing how to properly handle the first phone camera with zero shutter lag. A lot of media people were just quick to criticize it without taking time to learn it first. The proof is in a lot of great pictures posted on this forum and also that comparison link I put above. Just comparing images from both, I can't tell One X is any better.

Upvote 0

I hear the rezound camera is nice, but the razr camera is terrible..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones