Camera not focusing, buzzing and overheatingSupport

1. birchtree

birchtree New Member

Spent few hours looking for a possible answer but could not find none.

My Samsung Galaxy S2 was less than a month old when camera stopped focusing properly, both in image and video mode. At the beginning you could see it would attempt to focus, but then it would stop, and image would be blurry. On several occasions it started buzzing, the sound coming from around the area where the camera is, and it would start rapidly heat up excessively. I would have exited camera app at that stage, and the phone would cool off.

I took it back to the retailer, who sent it back for repairs. Was it the description that the rep put on (he did not seem to have much clue anyways), but the the phone came back wiped and with a list of items they checked, and a 'no fault found' note. As well as an infuriating note that killer apps may be causing symptoms I'm having. I did not even know what are killer apps until today! I did have a barcode scanning app, but I can't imagine it would be its fault.

From what I see in the test sheet they have only checked camera for dust and reset the phone (along with two dozen items that have nothing to do with my problem).

That means that potentially the problem may come back (hopefully within warranty period!). I took loads of pictures and videos today trying to recreate the problem, but so far it works ok.

Anyone had similar problems or ideas what may be wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. semus

semus Well-Known Member

My camera stopped focusing, didnt notice overheating though..
    I reflashed the firmware i was running and it was all fixed, so it wasnt a faulty camera unit..
    You should try it, if you don't know how to do it check the guide in the root section of this forum, its really easy, no root required or anything, and if you PM ne ill help you through it if you need.

Hope that helped
  3. sherry wilson

sherry wilson New Member

Help my samsung galaxy won't read barcodes. place barcode in screen red lazer shows and n?othing happens. any ideas
  4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Try a different barcode reader app first. If that doesn't do anything, guess you have to get it checked. What app are you using?