camera not focusingSupport

Last Updated:

1. flcracker

flcracker New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Motorola Droid that was provided to me as a replacement following a claim with Assurion back in February 2010. From everything I could tell, they gave me a new phone, not a refurbished unit. The camera worked fine up until the yesterday 6/2/10 (I don't use the camera on a daily basis). Now, the autofocus does not work; the image is in focus at a distance of about two inches, but not at any further distance.

I have cleaned the lens, checked to make sure that autofocus is turned on, tried using the Camera FX app, and even allowed Verizon to walk me through a master reset on the device. Nothing helps. Now Verizon wants to offer me a refurbished phone as a warranty replacement. I'm not sure I want a refurbished unit, as I don't have any guarantee what condition the case and appearance will be in - they won't guarantee that the phone won't be scratched up.

Any suggestions, or should I just suck it up and accept the refurbished replacement? Everything else works fine on the phone. Thanks!
    eta - after doing the master reset, the camera was still not focusing. Then I did a restore using the My Backup app. At first the camera was working correctly, but now it's back to not working properly. Is there some list out there of apps that might be interfering with the camera's focus function?
    eta2 - I killed all running apps, camera still did not work right. Drove from Florida to Georgia on a business trip - camera started working fine. Got back home, camera not focusing again even when I kill all running apps and power off camera. I really don't want to do another master reset.....

Advertisement