• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera not taking video

I really don't have a good answer, sorry. I think I'd try going into settings /apps, find the camera app, tap it and hit the force stop and clear data buttons, and see if that helps. If not, I'd try installing the google camera app just to see if that works. If not, I think I'd try a factory data reset (drastic solution) to see if the camera works right after a reset. If it doesn't, I'd suspect a hardware failure and think it might be time it call for a warranty replacement.

A factory data reset, of course, means you should back up all of your photos and video that you've stored because the entire phone is wiped to factory condition.

Good luck...

Upvote 0
OK, saw this on Motorola' forums.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/6f69380235

Open the Google app. Scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the three dot menu control bottom right, then settings. Go to voice, then OK Google detection. Turn it off.

See if that fixes the problem.
I was having the same problem and that fixed it. Thanks! Wish I had seen your post before going through a factory reset and setting my phone back up only to have the same problem. ☺ I had deactivated touchless control in favor of the new OK Google option in Google now to be consistent with my Nexus 7. It's the option to listen for OK Google from any screen that causes the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones