Camera not working on Droid 2.2 FRG22DSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bullitt

Bullitt New Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since forcing 2.2 and FRG22D since I waited 2 weeks to receive OTA and never got it, my camera hasn't been working. It shows the image on screen, snaps the picture then the box in the corner of the camera app goes black and it doesn't save the pic. It also force closes often. I've tried other camera apps and they don't save either. I went and deleted all my apps that had access to the camera thinking it was a software conflict and it took one picture and saved, but the next it was not working again. I'm still new to these forums and would appreciate any ideas and suggestions to get the camera working properly again. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. archshrk

archshrk New Member

I have the OTA version and am experiencing the same problem. i have photos from 9/4 so it must have happened after that date. I wonder if the Flash 10.1 install messed something up since that's the only new app I've added.

3. Bullitt

I just left Verizon store and they did a manual reset of my Droid. Camera is working for now but lost all my apps with the reset lol. Small price to pay to have a working camera.

4. archshrk

archshrk New Member

I eventually powered off, pulled the battery and restarted the phone. Everything seems to be working again.

5. Bullitt

Well that lasted all of 3 hours lol. Camera is not working again so Verizon will be sending me a "new" Droid.

6. sumyunguyz

sumyunguyz New Member

When trying to access the camera, it would just go to black screen pause for a couple of seconds then go back to main menu. Unmounting the SD card was the only way to get the camera to work. Backed up SD card files, reformatted and installed original files. Camera works fine now. Go figure.