Camera not working on rooted 2.2 incredible

Last Updated:

1. teacha6141

teacha6141 Member This Topic's Starter

After many frustrations i just had to comment on the updates out there.NOT all the froyo 2.2 updates are effective. after loading one of the most popular ones, everything went right until it booted up.I had no camera, no video, and my SD card was constantly looking for errors!!after searching extensively, I figured what the heck, and seen a post for 2.2 WITH CAMERA that works advertised. I installed over the existing one, and when it rebooted ALL was well with my rooted 2.2 incredible.
    Couple of things I do agree on..Make sure you have ASTRO loaded, and ROM Manager. Make no mistake I am not Technically Brilliant but it is easy with these programs.
    The file that worked flawlessly and got my camera back was ...

20100727_stock_froyo_signed....Look for it....it works!!..
    P.S this all started when i kept trying to get Wireless Tether to work.I have tried Kernels (which screwed up froyo) had to redo it again...also tried every version out there..so for the time being until someone gets it right..I am using PDANET which works great! even though you need a usb hookup...

Again, updating is easy with the right files.
    1-update radio. EASY (If you have to.DO NOT update radio more than once)!!
    2-UNREVOKED- EASY
    3-ADD above froyo 2.2 EASY...

If this even helps one person get there camera back...I am Happy..

Advertisement
  2. foreWard

foreWard Well-Known Member

I loaded one of the 8/27 leaked rom from xda and mine is perfect.only problem is teeter doesnt work....