Camera not working on Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Error message =Unfortunately Gallery has stopped

Last Updated:

1. andreasoro

andreasoro New Member

Hi everybody,
    I've been having issues with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The camera won't work anymore, whenever I start it it says "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped working" . I tried everything I found on the web, I cleared the cache, I cleared the data, I disabled and and re-enabled the app and I did the same with every app that was camera-related. Since that wasn't working I restored factory settings but that didn't really make a difference either. I really have no idea what else I can do, is the camera just broken? or any other ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome andreasoro!
    Sorry about your camera issues there.
    Have you tried a different camera app from the play store to see if that would work?
    Otherwise, here is a link to your devices forum, and perhaps post your issue there, or look for other folks who might have had that issue:
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/

We do thank you for joining:D
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Welcome to AF! Hope you enjoy your stay here. :cool:
  5. franybaba

franybaba New Member

Hey I used SAFE MODE to get everything to work and to find the app that was bugging the camera and gallery...

no need for rooting or factory reset!!!

after powering down,when rebooting press on volume down...now youll be in safe mode..
    my app that was bugging my phone was unexpenctedly not even an other camera app or game.. it was whatsapp... go figure!? i uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp an then my phone was perfect again... :) not bad for a french blonde canadian chic!! lol

good luck
    krouget and TeddyCat7 like this.
  6. mjjbe68

mjjbe68 New Member

How do you find out what app is 'bugging' the others?
  7. TeddyCat7

TeddyCat7 New Member

Thank you soooo much franybaba!!! I was freaking out that my camera had some how blown-out like a light bulb, because it crashed right when it made a strange sound while capturing a picture and kept doing the same thing no matter what I did. I read this thread, and tried to start it in safe mode. I'm not sure I actually got it into safe mode, but I uninstalled whatsapp and it's working great now. I really need my camera for a job tomorrow and you're a life saver. I can't thank you enough!!!
  8. surgeon1

surgeon1 New Member

Hey guys.. I'm having the same problem.. Camera jus won't work.. Tried the sage mode - couldn't exactly figure out which app is bugging my camera app and uninstalled what's app .. Still the same problem... Somebody pls help..

Thanks a lot in advance