• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Camera not working with Hydra Kernel????

xkingofgodzx

Android Enthusiast
May 15, 2010
New York
So last week i installed the leaked OTA and i really like it so i decided to stick with it. I have been debating for a while whether or not to root. Well today i finally took the plunge and had zero issues. Then i decided to install the 1.15 ghz OC Hydra Kernel and it is awesome, makes the phone really snappy. I havent seen any lag at all. Well the only issue i have found is my camera wont work. I open it and it is just a black screen. At first i do have my normal options, i can choose everything on the left slider and the zoom, flash buttons. Also i noticed the brightness gets turned up. But its like there is a lens cap on it. It does not display anything the lens is seeing. I tried rebooting and it still did the same thing. Is this possibly becuase i installed the leaked OTA first and the Kernel is not compatible? Has anyone else seen this? Any possible solutions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones