Camera on 2.2 colour balance too redSupport

Last Updated:

1. jreid9001

jreid9001 Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I finally managed to get my phone rooted and onto 2.2 a while ago, but today I went to use the camera (don't use it that often)and noticed the colour balance was really messed up, it made everything really red. I assume this is a 2.2 issue, does anyone have any idea for a solution?

Advertisement
  2. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Have you checked you haven't accidentally tweaked the white balance setting in the options pane?

3. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

Mine tends to be a bit bluer than it should be. The auto-white balance isn't very good on this phone. Far better to set it manually.

Just on the offchance that you haven't a clue what I'm talking about (not everyone is a keen photographer), I'll explain. Cameras aren't like eyes and can't easily tell how to adjust the colour balance in a picture so that the whites are truly white. So they have a set of default white balance settings. If you start the camera then pull the slider over and press the gearwheels icon, you'll find White Balance at the top of the list. Just change that to match the type of light you're in. Daylight and cloudy should be obvious, but you use Incandescent with indoor light bulbs and Fluorescent with indoor tube lighting.

Hope that helps. And if you knew all this already, just ignore me. It's advice for anyone who searches the forums. :)

4. ben.fred

ben.fred Well-Known Member

mine was the same,

turned out i had hit a wrong setting......