Camera Orientation

Last Updated:

1. jraggio

jraggio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This may be a silly question, but does the droid only take pictures in horizontal orientation? I took a vertical shot the other day, and the image was rotated. I would think that the droid would know that the picture was taken vertically and rotate the image correctly. Otherwise taking quick shots to upload to facebook would be a pain as you'd need to take the picture, save it, then upload to FB. Then again for simplicity I can always use horizontal for taking quick FB pictures. I actually found this out after posting the picture to Facebook on its side. My friend commented, "Hey can't your fancy new phone rotate an image?" I would think it could ;-)

The same question goes for taking video. Is it limited to horizontal? The camera app seems to favor horizontal shots.

Is there a way to upload video directly to FB?

Thanks,
    John

Advertisement
  2. jraggio

bump... Looks like videos for sure should only be captured with the phone horizontal. Is this true? Is this the same for photos?

John

3. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

This should be fixed in the update coming out in December.

4. jraggio

what will be fixed? Are you saying that now both photo and video are limited to horizontal orientation?

thanks,
    John