Camera photos TOO vivid/pixelated/washed outSupport

Last Updated:

1. mbrando45

mbrando45 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys.

I have read all of the out-of-the-box rave reviews of the camera quality. I am not having the same experience. It seems that most of my photos are waytoo vivid, pixelated, and washed out looking. I have researched all of the forums I know of. I have tried reducing MP, ISO, brightness, etc. I just can't seem to find a good balance. I LOVE photography, but am less than an amateur when it comes to camera technology. I am the point and shoot, and pray it comes out looking good kinda guy with my other cameras. Haha.

Can you guys please advise me on how to get better image results? I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Mark

Advertisement
  2. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

I'd leave ISO at auto, shoot at 8mp, but turn the sharpness down. I'm guessing by "pixelated" you mean over sharpened? If you feel the images are too vivid, then reduce the saturation and contrast a little.

3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Mark, post or PM me a couple of pics you've taken and I'll take a look at them for you.

4. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

check out the huge camera thread, I posted a picture in there. quite amazing for a phone ... can't tell they aren't taken with regular camera.

5. mbrando45

Ok...I just realized I double posted. Sorry guys. I am behind an INSANE corporate firewall that times you out every 5 seconds or so...Haha.

michaelkahl - Yes, over sharpened/saturated are much better descriptions than pixelated. I am trying the different settings now.

Outatime - Will do as soon as I can. Probably tonight.

sunthas - Will do.

Thanks big time for the help. I'll keep you guys posted.

Mark

6. mbrando45

Ok. I found that if I reduce the contrast and saturation, everything comes out much better. Ironically, my G1 took better photos with no adjustments needed. But, the Incredible is still the BOMB!

Last question. And, forgive me if this has been covered somewhere. Is it possible to disable the flash by default. Meaning that you have to enable it if you want it, instead of the way it currently is?

Thanks for the info!

Mark