• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Pics to SD Card?

When you first connect the phone it should bring up a menu on the phone, choose disk drive and click done. Then either wait for the Auto run to bring up the folders or go to My Computer and click on the two drives that were added. One will be the SD card and the other will be the Internal storage drive of the phone. Look for DICM and that is the picture folder. Inside it will be 100 Media. Click on that and you will see your pics. If you chose to use your SD card for storage through camera settings, then you should have the same folder already on your SD card. Just select all on your internal folder and then cut, click on the SD card folder 100 Media and then click paste. That easy.

Reactions: sudbury78
Upvote 0
Having a similar problem, but my phone settings tab doesn't give me the option of saving to the SD card. Under the "save to" tab, "Phone storage" is the only option and is greyed out. Yes, I do have an SD card and can find it in the file manager as such. Can't get the photos to save to it, nor can I even FIND the photos saved to the photo storage.

Upvote 0
Having a similar problem, but my phone settings tab doesn't give me the option of saving to the SD card. Under the "save to" tab, "Phone storage" is the only option and is greyed out. Yes, I do have an SD card and can find it in the file manager as such. Can't get the photos to save to it, nor can I even FIND the photos saved to the photo storage.

You change your save to folder for pics while you have the camera active. Slide the tab over and choose settings, (it's the gear icon) and then choose to save the pics to the SD card. Read my post above to find your pics on the internal storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones