• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Picture Autofocus problem

Necron

Lurker
Feb 7, 2012
Hi there,

I've recently purchased a Motorola Atrix and was very happy with it, until I came to take a picture and a lot of click / pop sound sounds were emitted from the mobile.

I was a bit scared and immediately opened the back cover to see if it was the battery, but to my surprise it was the camera clicking noise.

The phone was taking pictures fine for the first week and although I noticed some noise, I knew that this was normal as stated in this forum as well.

After that, clicking noise, the camera is not focusing well while taking a picture. It's kinda stuck on Macro and can't focus on distant objects / scenes.

P.S. I 've also tried to keep pressing the shutter button to focus. The square comes green and the image is blurred. So yes, i know how to use the camera.

Picture quality also deteriorated. I've tried restarting the mobile, pulling out the battery and clearing the camera cache from the applications. EDIT: I've also tried a HARD RESET but still the same crappy photos =[ video is also kinda strange as well...
Do you think this is a software or hardware problem?

Link of images: Images

Thanks,
Francesco

2vmx6wo.jpg

I am having the exact same problem. No matter what mode the camera is in, it appears to only work as though it is in macro mode. For example I can hold it close to my computer keyboard and get sharp shots - but as soon as I try anything more than a foot away, it is out of focus, much like your shot above. It was fine for around 7 months and suddenly started doing this. Anyone have any advice at all?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones