Camera/Picture question

Last Updated:

1. th3dude19

th3dude19 Member This Topic's Starter

When I snap a picture, is there a reason that the picture gets stored in both 'Camera Pictures' and 'Camera Media' in the Gallery?

'Camera Pictures' and 'Camera Media' are mirror images of each other. Shouldn't pictures be in one and sounds/videos be in the other?

Why are my pictures being written to two different locations?

Advertisement
  2. boogerdroid

boogerdroid Active Member

good question. i would like to know the answer too... anybody?

Also, how do you zoom in and out? is there an option?

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I don't think the files are in two different folders. I just don't understand why the DROID refers to them twice like that. Perhaps for future use. ???

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

For the stock camera, tap the screen and you'll see the - / + controls pop up.

5. wnajar

wnajar Well-Known Member

Your pictures aren't actually being written to two separate locations; if you look in a file manager you'll see that each picture is only saved once.

The gallery just gives two sorting/viewing options, one which is just pictures and one which is pictures and video. I haven't taken any video yet but I'm sure there's a Camera Video view too.

6. 96_isrunner

96_isrunner Member

There is. I also have a music album in the music folder on the SD card that has pictures in it (album cover) it shows up in the gallery as well as another folder to view.

7. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

That is hands down one of my biggest peeves about the gallery. Who in the world wants their album art thrown in with their various other pictures. At least with 2.1 it looks like the gallery got a major overhaul, so hopefully they get that ironed out.

8. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

seriously, this upsets me so much. every album i have has art, so i've got all these pointless pics

9. wnajar

wnajar Well-Known Member

I have a ton of album artwork on my phone actually (with 2.0.1) and this doesn't happen to me...

For reference, my filesystem album artwork architecture is just /albumart and /albumthumbs. Album art doesn't show up anywhere except the music player...

This might be due to the fact that my album art is not saved as a standard image type file like .png or .jpg and I think just comes along as metadata with the .mp3 files... don't know how it turned out that way. Still works beautifully.