Camera Pictures Gone!Support

Last Updated:

1. tonyc

tonyc Member This Topic's Starter

Just noticed today all pictures in my /Camera/DCIM directory are gone.. a whole 2GB+ worth. Has this happened to anyone? It hasn't moved elsewhere because I also noticed 2GB more space freed up on the internal SD card. I'm pissed, but it could have been worse. Luckily I backed up 1.7GB+ of it recently.

Just a warning for you guys to keep constant backup!

Advertisement
  2. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Have you Flashed any ROMs recently, or used any utilities (PC or phone based) that has the option to clear data?

A totally random file delete, from just one directory seems _very_ weird.

Great point though on backing up, if you've got any pics/vids you value, keep a copy of them on your PC.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Yeah I've never heard of this either. You've got something unique going on on your phone.

4. astbis

astbis New Member

I just noticed the same problem on my phone with android 2.2 just the DCIM folder seems to be replaced. I noticed that there were only 5 pictures in the gallery. There is no sign of it.

Trash folder empty.
    No sign of more of my pictures anywhere.

Since my phone sometimes unmounts and mounts the sdcard. I tried unmounting it and looking on the device's storage area with no luck.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Since Android 2.2 hasn't actually been released for the Captivate, you might be faced with a bug in your hacked ROM. All have some issues, and new bugs appear regularly.